- Full grip just outside shoulders. - Feet Hip Width. - Elbows in front of the bar. - Core braced. - Dip with weight in heels. - Keep shoulders back above hips. - Drive to an extension. - Head moves out of bar path. - Shoulders take over pressing as the bar passes face. - Elbows extend with the bar over the centre of the body. - Head through to neutral position. - Finish with ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, elbows, wrists all aligned.
GT Fitness Movement Video - The Box Squat
- Test the box height by checking the hip crease sits level or just below the top of the knees. - Hands in the medium to wide position on the bar. - From a partial squat, lift the bar from the rack. - Walk back until the heels align with the front of the box. - Spread your feet to a sumo-like stance and sit back onto the box. - On the box, the knees should sit above the ankles. - Core remains tight with the hips engaged, glutes and legs relaxed with the feet planted. - Torso stays back with the weight in the heels. - The hips open rapidly to extension. - After the last rep, return the feet to hip width apart. - Walk the bar into the rack, squat down until weight is in the J-pegs.
GT Fitness Movement Video - Toes To Bar
- Jump to a hang with hands just outside shoulders. - Tighten the core, squeeze the glutes. - Draw the feet backward pull back on the bar. - From the arched position, push down on the bar to swing to hollow. - Use the force of the kip to raise the toes to the bar. - Contact the bar with both feet between hands. - Keep head neutral throughout. - Pull the feet down from the bar, driving them back to return to an arch.
GT Fitness Movement Video - Bar Muscle Up
- Jump to a hang with hands just outside shoulders - Initiate a kip at the shoulder - Alternate between hollow and arch - At the peak of the hollow, snap hips to bar - With straight arms, pull bar down to floor - As elbows pass bar height, lean torso forward to catch in partial dip - Extend elbows to finish above bar in extension
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - Skull Crusher
- Lay flat on a bench, feet flat on the floor, shoulder blades pulled back into bench. - Start with the bar at extension, directly above the shoulders. - Keeping the upper arms vertical, hinge at the elbow to lower the bar to the forehead. - As the bar approaches the forehead, extend the arms, keeping the upper arms vertical. - Keep the elbows tucked in throughout the movement. - Without pausing at the top, return to the start position. - As the forearms contact the inner thighs, sharply reverse direction to begin the next swing.
GT Fitness Movement Video - Handstand Push Up
- Kick up to a handstand against the wall. - Hands just outside shoulders. - Tight core, body in a straight line. - Lower the top of the head to the floor. - Head should be in front of hands, forearms upright. - Draw the knees towards the chest. - Kick sharply upwards, before instantly pressing through the shoulders. - Lock the elbows out, push the head through to neutral.
GT Fitness Movement Video - STRICT PULL UP
- Take a grip just outside the shoulders on a pull-up bar - With the thumbs around the bar, activate the lats - Squeeze the butt and feet together, tighten the core to form a hollow position - From this position, engage the lats and begin to pull - Maintain a hollow body and neutral head through the pull. - With a neutral head, reach the chin over the bar. - Return to the start position, maintaining a hollow body.
GT Fitness Movement Video - The Push Up
- Start with the body planked, arms locked out, shoulders above wrists. - Load the shoulders, moving forward to initiate. - Keep forearms upright, lower chest to floor. - Press through the hands. - Return the shoulders to above the wrists, elbows locked out. - Remain aligned through the ankles, knees, hips and shoulders throughout. - Press through the thoracic spine at extension.
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - THE KIPPING PULL-UP
- Jump to a hang with hands just outside shoulder width. - Adopt a hollow, active hang. - Initiate the kip with the shoulders, alternating between hollow and arch positions. - As the body becomes weightless on the backswing, pull towards the bar. - Pull until the chin breaks the line of the bar with a neutral head position. Click for more information.
GT Fitness Movement Video - The Power Clean
- Hook Grip just outside shoulder width. - Feet under hips, slight outward turn. - Knees pulled apart. - Back Flat, core braced. - Shoulders in advance of the bar.
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - THE MEDICINE BALL CLEAN
- Place the feet just outside the middle of the ball. - With a flat back, straight arms and fingers pointed down, use the palms to grip the sides of the ball. - Driving through the legs, stand, extending the hips and shrugging the shoulders. - Pull the body down into a squat, whilst releasing and rotating the hands. - Re-catch the ball in the bottom of the squat with elbows under wrists, ball in front of face. - Stand to extension.
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - SIT UP
- Place the back flat on the floor, laying on a sit-up mate - Place the soles of the feet together, heels pulled to groin and splay the knees. - Keeping a neutral spine, sit-up until the shoulder passes the hip - Still with a neutral spine, lay down until the shoulder blades make contact with the floor.
GT Fitness Movement Video - Handstand Walk
- Kick up to a handstand, looking slightly ahead of the hands. - Brace the core and allow the heels to lead slightly. - Transfer the weight to the standing shoulder, lifting the opposite hand.
- Place the raised hand down, transferring the weight into it.
GT Fitness Movement Video - The Deadlift
- Set up with feet under hips, and a shoulder width grip. - With the bar against the shins, have the hips between knee and shoulder height - With a neutral spine, shoulders should be in front of the bar, arms straight. - Drive the feet into the floor, lifting the bar straight up to the knee - Without stopping, open the hips to extension - At extension, shoulders are behind the bar, ankles, knees hips and shoulders in line.
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - Upright Row
- With a narrow grip, lift the bar to an upright position, bar at the waist. - Brace the core, feet under the hips. - Pull the bar upwards towards the chin. - Keep the elbows above the bar, and the bar close to the body. - Row until the hands reach the collarbone. - Without pausing at the top, return to the start position.
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - Turkish Get-Up
- Laying flat on your back, press the kettlebell to extension above the shoulder. - Fix gaze on the kettlebell, and leave there throughout the entire movement. - Click for more information…
GT Fitness Movement Video - Box Jump
- Start with the feet in the jumping position, under the hips. - Standing a short distance from the box, dip, whilst swinging the arms back. - Rapidly extend the hips, swinging the arms forward. - As you leave the floor, tuck the knees to land on the box in a partial squat. - After cushioning the landing, stand to extension. - Step down from the box to repeat. - As the forearms contact the inner thighs, sharply reverse direction to begin the next swing.
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - RING ROW
- Set the rings to chest height, and spread them to shoulder width. - Take an overhand grip, lay back until the arms are extended and the body is hollow. - Initiate the pull by retracting the shoulder blades. - Pull until the chest touches the rings, keeping a hollow body. - Return to the bottom, arms extended, shoulders still active.
GTFitness Movement Video - Wall Ball Squat
- Start stood at extensions with the ball held in front of the face. - Squat until the hip crease passes below the top of the knee. - Drive through the heels to stand to an extension. - As the hips extend, throw the ball to the target. - Remain at extension, catching the ball as it returns from the target. - Return the ball to the front of the face ready to begin the next repetition
GT FITNESS MOVEMENT VIDEO - THE Thruster
- Start with the bar in the front rack, but with a full grip on the bar. - Start with the bar at extension, directly above the shoulders. - Send the hips back and down, keeping the weight in the heels. - Squat until the hip crease passes below the top of the knee. - Reverse direction, standing hard. - As the hips and knees extend the bar begins to rise. - The shoulders and arms take over and continue pressing. - Finish with the arms extended, bar over the centre of the body, and the rib cage down.
GT Fitness Movement Video - The Floor Press
- Feet flat on the floor, core braced, shoulder blades pulled back. - Bring the bar out above the centre of the chest. - Lower the bar towards the chest until the upper arms touch the floor. - Elbows should be in tight and directly under the wrists. - Drive the bar upwards to extension, elbows locked out. - At extension, keep the shoulders pulled down into the floor.
GT Fitness Movement Video - The Couch Stretch
- Place shin vertically against the wall. - Bring butt to heel and square the hips. - Use the free leg to support the position. - Bring torso as upright as possible. - Stop when the stretch is felt through the hip and thigh.
GT Fitness Movement Video - Kettlebell Swing - Stand with the feet shoulder width, at extension, holding the bell with both hands - Keeping the forearms touching the inner thighs, hinge at the hips, keeping the knees above the ankles. - Keeping a neutral spine, rapidly extend the hips, projecting the kettlebell upward. - Control the swing up to eye level. - Keep the shoulder blades retracted, allow the elbows to bend slightly. - As the bell begins to fall, hinge forward at the hip again, absorbing the force. - As the forearms contact the inner thighs, sharply reverse direction to begin the next swing.
Central site for information, and booking of classes and courses, for GT Fitness Group Limited